Translate

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How do I convert footage from Sony HDR-CX100 camcorder to Mac?

Recently I am managing to convert my HDR-CX100 m2ts video to iMovie for some personal editing and learned some information useful and I wonder whether there is another friend experienced the same trouble with me.

Firstly I should make you clear about this:
Sony HDR series Camcorders are High Definition Models, which store video in AVCHD MTS/MPEG-2, when it output to our PC desktop, it displays as ".m2ts" format. m2ts format is a container file format for multiplexing audio, video and other streams. m2ts format is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container and is also known as BDAV MPEG-2 transport stream. The M2TS container with filename extension .MTS or .m2ts is commonly used in AVCHD format, which is a high definition digital video camera recorder format.

Then I try to find a freeware:
Through Google research I download Mac X Free iMovie Video Converter 2.5.0.
Mac X Free iMovie Video Converter, a professional free iMovie video converter, is especially designed to convert all kinds of HD and SD videos including MKV, M2TS, WMV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, RM etc to iMovie supported format MOV, MP4. You can easily import MTS to iMovie, import YouTube to iMovie, convert AVI to iMovie, convert MP4, WMV to iMovie, import MOD to iMovie, and convert MPG to iMovie.
From the screenshot we can clearly know about this software:

1 allow import m2ts video.
2 Support clip video
3 The “option” including “Target File Name, Audio Language, profile Setting” these three aspects.

But what if I want additional function? For instance:
I hope to create several video parts one time clip not just one.
Can I crop the size of the original video?
If it’s possible, I wish I can create a special movie effect.
Absolutely Mac X Free iMovie Video Converter 2.5.0. Cannot do it in an easy way.
However, all things come to those who wait and I finally found excellent software named Sony HDR Video Converter for Mac.  Apart from transfer Sony HDR video like AVCHD MTS, MPEG2, mini DV, etc to MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, H.264 for Mac. It offers outstanding functions as following:
1 Clip a single video to several parts and don’t have the quantity limitation.

2 Crop the video size just by move your mouse, so you can remove the unwanted part of the image.

3 Design the effect as professional as possible which including “Brightness, Contrast, Saturation" and effect actually cover “Gray, Emboss, Old Film”.


4Allow you see the conversion procedure by yourself, so you can see the any micro change of video quality ,video content lost etc.
Since I tried the Sony HDR Video Converter for Mac the first time, I’m fascinated by its powerful function.
Learn more about tips for mac, please go to the homepage website.

Related articles:
1. How to convert mts to fcp with mts to fcp converter for mac?
2. How do I import HD video to Final Cut Pro for editing